Back in 1766, the German Evangelical Congregation began worshiping in Hummelstown in a log church. As they outgrew their log church, the congregation that we know today as Zion Lutheran Church built a limestone Parish House in 1815 to accommodate their increased membership. Continuing to grow, the congregation built the new brownstone church on Main Street in 1893, leaving the old Parish House to various uses over the years. Used as a Sunday School, community center, public school and most recently as home of the Hummelstown Area Historical Society, this wonderful old building has touched many lives.
Join the HAHS throughout the year for a variety of celebrations such as an old-time church service, a summer birthday party, a fall Tea, a Halloween scary movie and open houses and lectures throughout the year.